Identification ou Devenez Membre
16509 membres sont enregistrés
Il y a en ce moment 395 personne(s) en ligne.
Vous avez nouveaux messages.

jongle.net :: Voir le sujet - Trevor Sikkema of The Draft Network joined
Connexion S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Rechercher
Le Site de Jonglerie le plus populaire du Net

jongle.net Index du Forum -> Retrouver des jongleurs -> Trevor Sikkema of The Draft Network joined
Poster un nouveau sujet  Répondre au sujet Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant 
Trevor Sikkema of The Draft Network joined
MessagePosté le: Mardi 22 Octobre 2019, 7h09, Sujet: Trevor Sikkema of The Draft Network joined Répondre en citant
chenyan94

the MHR Radio podcast Garett Bolles Jersey , and was impressed with the Broncos draft." MHR Radio PodcastDenver Broncos PodcastsDenver Broncos 2019 DraftElway and the Broncos navigated a successful draftNew,31commentsTrevor Sikkema of The Draft Network joined the MHR Radio podcast, and was impressed with the Broncos draft.MDTShare this storyShare this on FacebookShare this on TwitterShareAll sharing optionsShareAll sharing options for:Elway and the Broncos navigated a successful draftTwitterFacebookRedditPocketFlipboardEmailThe biggest knock on John Elway since becoming the Denver Broncos general manager has always been his drafting issues. As the executive VP of football operations, his drafts have always been somewhat questionable. However, the 2018 draft seemed to mark a turning point for Elway, and perhaps the 2019 draft has become confirmation of his growth in that regard.On the MHR Radio Podcast (iTunes, Spotify and Stitcher), Ian St. Clair and I were joined by Trevor Sikkema of The Draft Network. As he answered some of the Twitter questions we received, he mad a couple statements that really stuck out. First, he praised Elway’s ability to navigate his way through the draft. In the first round, when the Broncos traded out of the 10th pick, they were able to move back to 20, draft Noah Fant, and gained a second round pick (52) in 2019, and the Steelers third round pick in 2020. While many pundits and fans felt the Broncos needed to take a linebacker, this was a savvy move by Elway. A freakishly athletic tight end, and draft capital for the 10th pick? Sign me up.The navigation continued in the second, along with discipline and patience. Elway was able to draft Dalton Risner, who should have immediate impact on the offensive line. Rise Up, Broncos Country Juwann Winfree Denver Broncos Jersey , and celebrate Risner coming home with this new shirt from BreakingT. Then, another move, this time up, to draft Drew Lock. Elway could have panicked and taken Lock at 10, or even 20. Instead, the Broncos evaluated the board, and moved on Lock when the time was right. As with Risner, there is a new shirt for this selection as well. Now (hopefully) Denver is Locked and Loaded at quarterback for the future.As Sikkema said on the podcast, knowing what other teams are going to do means being able to have patience and let the draft fall to you. With that patience the Broncos were able to draft 4 top-50 prospects in the first 71 picks. Whether that will translate to success on the field will be determined in the upcoming season, but in the aftermath of the draft, John Elway seemed to silence some of the critics.The second statement Sikkema made that piqued my interest was about making the right picks. While Elway was able to make good moves in the draft, the second half of the equation is making the correct selections. When a GM makes a trade, but then drafts the wrong player, the successful navigation becomes obsolete.Not only did Elway move through the draft, using trades to get to the right spot to make the picks they wanted. He also seemingly made the correct selections when the time came. From Fant, to Risner, to Lock, to Dre’Mont Jones, the Denver Broncos came away with impactful players.Ian said it on the podcast before, and it bears repeating: John Elway killed it in the 2019 NFL Draft. With two solid drafts in back-to-back years Justin Simmons Jersey , it appears the Broncos are setting themselves up for a future of success.MHR Radio is now on iTunes, iHeartRadio, Google Play, Spotify, Stitcher,TuneIn and anywhere else you get your podcasts. Please subscribe to the one that fits your fancy, and also rate and review what you hear. For the first time in his life, Demaryius Thomas celebrated Brandon McManus missing a field goal.Thomas won his hasty homecoming Sunday when his ex-teammate’s windless 51-yard attempt drifted wide right, allowing the Houston Texans to escape Denver with 19-17 win .“We wanted him to walk out there as a captain and we wanted him to walk off the field as a winner,” J.J. Watt said of Thomas, whom the Texans (6-3) acquired five days earlier from the Broncos (3-6).Only, Thomas lost the coin flip and didn’t exactly walk off the field a winner — he sprinted.“I think that’s the fastest I ran all day,” Thomas said. “I ran inside. We got that W.”DeShaun Watson targeted Thomas three times and Thomas caught all three for 61 yards, including back-to-back grabs for 31 and 18 yards on Houston’s opening touchdown drive.But he stood to be the goat after a series of fourth-quarter follies that including a false start, lining up in the wrong spot — even having to run over and ask Watson what to do — and having to burn a timeout.“I messed up a couple of times and I felt like it would have been on me if we didn’t get that W,” Thomas said.“He was hearing one thing and doing the opposite,” Watson said. “I had to make sure he was on the same page as me. He did a good job. Some things we are going to fix.”The Texans joined the 1970 New York Giants as the only teams since the merger to win six straight following an 0-3 start.McMANUS’ MISSESMcManus’ second miss of the game came after Case Keenum completed an 18-yard pass between two defenders to Emmanuel Sanders on fourth-and-8 from the Denver 45-yard line with under a minute left.“Terrible kicks,” McManus said. “Even the 62-yarder, it was terrible.”Broncos coach Vance Joseph blamed himself for the first miss, saying he got greedy. It backfired when the Texans got the ball in Broncos territory and 18 seconds left in the first half and Ka’imi Fairbairn nailed a 46-yard do-over for a 16-10 Houston halftime lead after his errant attempt was wiped away because Joseph had called timeout to ice him.Joseph said he didn’t try to get closer for McManus’ game-winning attempt because the Broncos had already reached their “line to go” inside the 35.“I was totally confident in Brandon Juwann Winfree Denver Broncos Jersey ,” Miller said. “From 62 and 51, my money’s on Brandon. He’s our sniper. He’s our brother. It’s one of the hardest positions in pro sports. Sometimes you just can’t put it through the uprights.”Said Keenum: “I knew Brandon was going to make it and I still know he’s going to make it when we give him that chance again. I think he’s the best kicker in the league.”Keenum threw a 5-yard pass to tight end Jeff Heuerman, who had a career-best 10 catches for 83 yards and then running back Phillip Lindsay lost a yard, leaving McManus with a 51-yard attempt.After the Broncos took a 17-16 lead on Keenum’s 12-yard dart to Heuerman between two defenders, Fairbairn put the Texans back ahead with a 37-yard field goal with 14:06 remaining.It turned out to be the game-winner when McManus missed again.“Seeing the kick go wide right was a breath of fresh air,” Texans safety Tyrann Mathieu said.Particularly for Thomas.THOMAS TRIBUTEThomas had started all 114 games for the Broncos since Jan. 8, 2012, when he caught an 80-yard touchdown pass from Tim Tebow on the first snap of overtime to beat the Pittsburgh Steelers 29-23.This time, he drew loud ovations when he emerged from the tunnel for pregame stretch and again during a video tribute after “The Star-Spangled Banner.”Outside the stadium, the Broncos put up a giant “Thank you, D.T.” banner at the bottom of a 10-story-high image of Thomas next to one of Von Miller, who said last week it was “super weird” not having Thomas as a teammate anymore.After Thomas lost the coin toss, Denver deferred and Thomas went right to work, catching consecutive passes covering 31 and 18 yards as the Texans took a quick 7-0 lead on Watson’s 7-yard TD pass to tight end Jordan Thomas .Watson’s 36th career TD throw was a 16-yarder to DeAndre Hopkins that put Houston ahead 13-3. The only other quarterbacks in NFL history to have 35 or more TD passes in their first 16 NFL games were Hall of Famers Kurt Warner and Dan Marino.INJURY REPORTTexans: OLB Duke Ejiofor left in the first half with a shoulder injury.Broncos: Center Matt Paradis broke his right fibula when Keenum rolled up on him just before halftime. Paradis had never missed a snap in his four-year career and appeared in line for a contract extension with the money the Broncos saved by trading Thomas.“It’s a huge loss,” Joseph said, “losing one of our captains and a guy who’s played a lot of football for us.”UP NEXTTexans: Travel to Washington on Nov. 18 after a bye.Broncos: Visit Los Angeles Chargers on Nov. 18 after a bye.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé

Poster un nouveau sujet  Répondre au sujet   jongle.net Index du Forum -> Retrouver des jongleurs

Trevor Sikkema of The Draft Network joined