Identification ou Devenez Membre
16045 membres sont enregistrés
Il y a en ce moment 205 personne(s) en ligne.
Vous avez nouveaux messages.

jongle.net :: Voir le sujet - The Jacksonville Jaguars have a new quarterback
Connexion S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Rechercher
Le Site de Jonglerie le plus populaire du Net

jongle.net Index du Forum -> Spectacles et Rencontres diverses -> The Jacksonville Jaguars have a new quarterback
Poster un nouveau sujet  Répondre au sujet Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant 
The Jacksonville Jaguars have a new quarterback
MessagePosté le: Mercredi 14 Août 2019, 3h09, Sujet: The Jacksonville Jaguars have a new quarterback Répondre en citant
zhangzk

JACKSONVILLE Devin Bush Jersey , Fla. (AP) — maybe even the franchise passer the team has been missing for nearly two decades.A person with direct knowledge of the decision says quarterback Nick Foles has agreed to sign a four-year, $88 million contract with the Jaguars.The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity Monday because the deal cannot become official until free agency opens Wednesday. The person says the deal includes $50.125 million guaranteed and could be worth up to $102 million with incentives.NFL Network first reported the deal, which is the richest in franchise history.Foles replaces flawed starter Blake Bortles, who threw 103 touchdown passes in five seasons but was known more for inaccuracy and inconsistency that led to Jacksonville’s offensive instability.The 30-year-old Foles went 4-1 in the postseason and 6-2 in the regular season in place of Carson Wentz the last two years. He earned 2018 Super Bowl MVP honors, making himself the league’s premier quarterback commodity.Philadelphia opted not to use the franchise tag on Foles, allowing him to hit the open market.A third-round pick in by Philadelphia 2012, Foles started six games as a rookie and 18 more before signing with St. Louis in 2015. After one season as the Rams‘ starter, he moved to Kansas City, where he rejoined former Eagles coach Andy Reid to serve as the backup to Alex Smith. In 2016, Foles returned to Philadelphia to mentor Wentz and wound up becoming a fan favorite and a Super Bowl champion.Jacksonville’s offense mostly sputtered under Bortles, who went 24-49 as a starter. He completed 59 percent of his passes for 17,646 yards http://www.steelersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-diontae-johnson-jersey , with 75 interceptions. His toughness and mobility were among his best assets, but he still was sacked a whopping 195 times in 75 games. He also lost 19 fumbles.Bortles played turnover-free football in the 2017 postseason, helping the team reach the AFC championship game and showing enough growth that top executive Tom Coughlin and general manager Dave Caldwell opted to sign him to a three-year, $58 million contract in February 2018.The deal included $26.5 million guaranteed. Bortles is due a $1 million roster bonus Sunday.Jacksonville will save $4.5 million against the 2019 salary cap when it cuts Bortles later this week. That number could rise to $9.5 million if the team designates him a post-June 1 release.The worst part of the contract is the Jaguars didn’t need to do it. They already had picked up the fifth-year option in Bortles’ rookie contract and could have let him play 2018 at $19 million and wouldn’t owe him anything now.Regardless, Foles is expected to fill a much-needed void for a small-market franchise that has failed repeatedly at the all-important QB position. The Jags spent a combined $95 million on quarterbacks Byron Leftwich (2003-07), David Garrard (2002-10), Blaine Gabbert (2011-13) and Bortles (2014-18).Now, they’ve committed another $50 million to Foles in hopes that he will be the answer to the team’s most consistent problem. John Urschel is loving life after the NFL.It’s been nearly two years since the offensive guard retired after just three seasons with the Baltimore Ravens. The 6-foot-3, 300-pound Canadian left millions of dollars on the table to pursue his two loves — mathematics and time with his 16-month-old daughter, Joanna.“My mindset really changed over my time in the NFL,” Urschel told The Canadian Press by phone recently. “I’d become more passionate about math and started my Ph.D at MIT and every semester I had to leave it got tougher and tougher.“I’d also become a father and having a little one sort of changes your perspective. The most important things in my life are doing math at a really high level and raising my daughter being able to do both for a really long time.”That wasn’t always the case. Urschel said that in high school and at Penn State, football was a top priority, although a pro career necessarily wasn’t.The NFL was “a very late thing Justin Layne Jersey ,” he said. “Very early on, what I dreamed of was being an offensive lineman in the Big Ten.“Let me tell you, playing at Penn State, starting at Penn State and getting all Big Ten honors my last two years there, that was like a dream come true for me. My years at Penn State where my happiest playing football in my life and really shaped me as a person.”The NFL came calling in 2014 when Baltimore selected Urschel in the fifth round, No. 175 overall. Urschel appeared in 40 games with the Ravens, starting 13.He suffered a concussion during practice in 2015 shortly after being accepted at MIT. He resumed playing but said leaving the game healthy was a big reason why he retired early.“You play in the league for a long time and you can’t walk when you’re 50,” he said. “I’m looking at some of these mathematicians, these 60-, 70-year-old guys walking around, they’re sharp, they’re teaching math.“I don’t want to be some guy when I’m 50 who can’t walk around a classroom or my shoulder is so bad I can’t do a lecture and write something on the chalkboard. Yes, everyone focuses on the head http://www.steelersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-benny-snell-jr.-jersey , but for me it’s really about the whole body.”Two years later, Urschel couldn’t be happier.“I’m loving my life right now,” he told the CP. “I’m finishing my Ph.D in math at MIT, I’ve got one more year left and my daughter is running around and talking a lot.“I’m trying to teach her how to count but she’s a little resistant. She knows all the names of the pieces on a chess board, 20 different animals but for some reason counting she’s not feeling it yet. So, yeah, everything is good over here. I’m very happy I retired exactly where I did.”Urschel grew up in Buffalo, New York, with his mother, a lawyer. Urschel’s parents separated when he was 3. His father is a thoracic surgeon who also played linebacker at the University of Alberta.Since retiring Urschel also co-authored his memoir, “Mind and Matter,” with his wife, Louisa Thomas Zach Gentry Jersey , a journalist.“I wanted to write a book detailing my journey and experiences with mathematics,” he said. “I wanted to share my love of math and also perhaps train certain peoples’ thinking about math and show them some of the beauty, elegance and importance of mathematics.“Penguin Books loved the idea but really convinced me that just doing a memoir about mathematics would really be doing myself and the audience a disservice. So that’s how the book in its final form came to be, sort of a true memoir of my life from childhood until I retired from the NFL. I must say, they were absolutely right.”Urschel called the process of putting pen to paper, “amazing.”“Louisa was really the driving force who really helped with the narrative and talking about the finer points of my life and football,” he said. “But for me, detailing mathematics, my experiences with mathematics and trying to explain that to a broad audience, that’s my bread and butter.”Once he has his doctorate, Urschel has a definite career path.“Academia,” he said. “I love research, I love going into the office and trying to solve really hard Joey Bosa Jersey , open problems, I love learning new things.“I’ve also found I really love teaching and inspiring young people with mathematics. I’m really looking forward to being a professor. When you can help someone learn and understand something, that’s such an amazing feeling.”Urschel doesn’t really miss football but that’s not necessarily a slight on the game.“I’m not really the type of person to miss something, it’s not in my nature,” he said. “I’m a very forward-looking person.“I’m just so happy with all the things I’m doing right now that I don’t really look back and say, ‘Man, I miss this, I miss that.’ If I had it all over to do again, I don’t think I’d change a thing. … I’m very pleased with the major decisions in my life.”
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé

Poster un nouveau sujet  Répondre au sujet   jongle.net Index du Forum -> Spectacles et Rencontres diverses

The Jacksonville Jaguars have a new quarterback